Wednesday, March 29, 2017

They're back......


It's official....we have Ospreys back on their nests. I will be running around identifying them in the next few days. Looking forward to meeting up with many of the new volunteers in the next week too! Here we go.....
I spoke in an earlier post about why I did not expect the Ospreys to return much earlier than usual, in spite of the warm, snowless late winter / spring...and they are showing up right on schedule. Our first Ospreys were seen back on the nest today, march 29 and the last two years they were first seen on March 31. This is why we are working so hard here to keep accurate records, to show what we learn from doing this research in a consistent manner for so many years. Sometimes it is by looking back on well kept records that we learn. And I try very hard to educate all my readers with what I learn from these efforts!  Please ask questions if you have them! That's why I do this!
And here is a link to a new osprey cam in the San Francisco Bay Area that one of my Ospreys friends just sent!

http://sfbayospreys.org

No comments:

Post a Comment