Monday, May 1, 2017

Updates....

The big news is that the second egg was laid in the Arb nest in the wee hours of April 30! Right on schedule! We have been enjoying watching Mr Z3, who seems to relish the chance to incubate!

My goodness this scope issue has been stressful. Nikon promised to call me a week ago and didn't. They did not reply to my email on Friday about what was up. Today they said, they would be sending a replacement scope.....but what they were offering was not a scope with the same capabilities, and they would not have that replacement scope in stock for a couple weeks. AHHHHHH. I requested they just send my scope and damaged eyepiece back. She said she would forward my request to see if they could do that. IF??????
I asked when she would know? She would not say. She said she would call me back when she knew. Then a few minutes ago I got a message from UPS saying a package was coming from Nikon, next day air, arriving tomorrow. Nikon couldn't be bothered calling or emailing me. Their customer service leaves a great deal to be desired. Anyway, I found a supposedly new eyepiece in Miami, on amazon....so I ordered it. Expedited shipping said it would be here by May 9. Fingers crossed that this is the correct eyepiece.
And then, I received a generous check today from the Raptor Resource Project, a part of the money raised at the fundraiser I spoke at last February. Profound gratitude to John Howe and John Dingley for all their support. This will help me pay for the new eyepiece and begin moving forward again.
What a long frustrating period these past three weeks have been. Hoping that future posts will be about the birds rather than the scope! But so many people are asking....
Thanks for all the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment